Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year New You

We say this almost every year without fail. A brand new year always comes with fresh resolutions, new tasks and goals to achieve and for some of us, a new wardrobe :) Yet, there's always a tinge of self-denial to excuse ourselves from failure to fulfill these resolutions year after year. A new year brings with it the very prospect of starting everything on a clean slate, albeit sweeping the unfulfilled ones under the carpet, sometimes, for good. Gradually, the act of committing new resolutions on a new year has eroded to a state of no more than mere lip service. How often do we reflect upon our journey for the entire year? How do you rate your journey for 2012? Did you achieve what you are supposed to achieve? Did the experiences in 2012 surpass your expectations for the year and bring your life to a whole new level?

We are just an hour and 10 mins away from crossing over to 2013 and I'm thinking about my resolution for the coming year. Often so, we resolve to striving with sheer human efforts I.e. intensifying exercise regimes or shrinking the waist pouch just to indulge in that long overdue holiday in Europe. While I do agree that goal setting does have both therapeutic and motivational effects to propel and help refocus your life, setting unrealistic goals or setting goals for the sake of setting them just doesn't get you anywhere or would even cause your life to regress!

As for me, I just wish for wisdom to be bestowed upon my pea brain:p Now is a good opportunity to reflect upon my life, face and conquer my fears, revisit the hidden desires and dreams, redirect my priorities and savour the little pleasures and cherish the moments that life offers. Also, don't let guilt or regrets catch up with you. They are part and parcel of life and they can only make you more resilient! Alright! Let me throw myself back on the sofa now to receive 2013 with thanksgiving for the people around me and the things that I have and are going to possess :)

Happy 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment if something strikes you!